As a society, we are becoming increasingly environmentally conscious, which means that more and more of us are growing concerned by the carbon footprint that we are leaving behind for future generations. We are often asked whether one person can really make a difference. The answer is: yes.
At Buckaroo Organics we contribute our own grain of salt by making our products with the environment in mind, using all natural, organic ingredients with the aim of creating simple and sustainable products that give back.
On August 4, An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power was released across North America. Whether you agree, disagree or are confused by climate change, one thing is certain: we’d all like to live a little “greener.” We would all like to make a difference where we can for the greater good of life and our planet. The release of this movie is an opportunity to start a conversation about sustainability. With that in mind, here are a few simple steps you can take to be more environmentally conscious without a complete lifestyle overhaul:
- Swear off toxic household cleaners - including laundry detergent.
- Conserve water and energy by washing your dishes by hand and letting them air-dry and by repeating outfits to reduce laundry.
- Recycle every can, bottle, and piece of paper, and fertilize your garden with composted leftovers.
- When you finish unpacking your shopping bags, use them to line your trashcans and litter box. Or BRING YOUR OWN!
- Take Out or Delivery? Make sure nothing more than your food is picked up or delivered. When you call, request no napkins, plastic utensils, pre-packaged condiments, and anything else you have at home.
- If you go to see the movie, consider walking, riding your bike, carpooling, or taking public transport -- and take a reusable water bottle with you for both an impactful and fun movie night.
We hope you will join the movement to intentionally reduce, reuse and we want hear all about it! Share your tips and get excited with us as you do your part to help create a safer, healthier world. Take a picture or video to post on social media showing us what you’re doing to reduce your carbon footprint. Be sure to tag @BuckarooOrganics and use the hashtag #BeInconvenient.
We are so passionate about this that we are giving away a Laundry Starter Kit for one lucky winner AND a friend this month. That’s right, TWO kits coming your way. Get all the details here.
We look forward to seeing entry and your posts!