It's officially fall, which means it's time to ramp up your skincare routine with rich moisturizers and healing nutrients. During the shift of seasons, the skin is more susceptible to dehydration and dullness. As a result it is in need of extra nourishment.
What’s the secret to healthy fall and winter skin? Mother Nature. That’s right. Mother Nature always provides everything we need to achieve healthy skin. She knows that our skin is our first line of defense; shielding us from damaging elements. So, just as she brings the colder weather and shorter days, she also provides us with the natural solutions to safely transition our skin through the seasons. The skin is the body’s largest organ. When our largest organ is unhealthy, we are unhealthy. The benefits of natural skin care products made with pure ingredients show significant success. So what are these ingredients, these natural healing agents that Mother Nature has provided to enrich our skin? We have a few favorites listed below.
5 healing benefits of pure natural ingredients:
- Shea Butter, derived from the nuts of African Shea tree, is one of nature’s most potent moisturizers. Naturally anti-inflammatory and incredibly moisturizing, vitamins A, E, and F nourish and smooth the skin, aiding in natural collagen production, protecting the skin and healing skin conditions.
- Lavender, a flower native to the Mediterranean, is often associated with stress reduction. But it is also known for its ability to relieve pain, improve immune system function, disinfect the scalp and skin, enhance blood circulation and treat respiratory problems. Studies have also found lavender to have antioxidant benefits when applied to your skin.
- Frankincense is the dried sap of trees grown in Africa and the Middle East, frankincense reduces the production of free radicals and heals damaged skin tissue when applied topically, preventing and improving the signs of aging.
- Myrrh, related to Frankincense, is a resin, or sap-like substance, also common in trees grown in Africa and the Middle East. It is one of the most widely used essential oils in the world for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Lavender, Frankincense, and Myrrh are all under investigation for their anticancer, and antibacterial benefits as well as other potential therapeutic uses. Be aware of what your products contain and listen to your skin. Seasonal skincare routines are about gradually changing products and not overwhelming your skin. Give your skin time to acclimate to each new product added and don’t be afraid of changing your routine. Often foreign chemicals that the body isn’t made to digest can be the culprit for irritation. Stick to simple and organic ingredients.
You can be proactive in caring for your skin by being mindful about your diet, physically active, and using healthy skincare products. Our Mother Hen Organic Body Butter naturally heals and calms dry and irritated skin during the fall and winter months. With rich Shea Butter as a base, this powerhouse moisturizer draws on the healing benefits of lavender, frankincense, and myrrh to protect and restore skin. It’s skin food. Save Big on Mother Hen, Organic Body Butter, this October, ONLY! Sign up for the World of Buckaroo newsletter to receive an exclusive promo code and stock up on our best-selling, skin-healing body butter. Valid through October 31, 2017.